Remembering the time – Lemon Melting Moments {Pictorial}

It has been ages!! And my life has changed quite considerably. I have a lot to say and to share. But first, I need to patiently find my inspiration for baking, cooking and photography. It does not come as easily as I thought.

About me so far? I am fine, still well-fed. My new place is still in a big mess with tons of unopened boxes. Just a few days back, we received our small bar fridge, which we forgot to pack and send down to Melbourne …

No, you did not read it wrong. We literally left our mom’s fridge back in the Sydney apartment. Thanks God after recovering from the initial shock and (ok, quite a lot of) embarrassment, the removing company helped to return the fridge to its owner. Now it is sitting in the lounge area, waiting to be used.

The good news? I had a walk-in wardrobe and walk-in kitchen pantry. I can tell you, these are the best!! Ok, the walk-in pantry is actually a small study room, which mr. B. has been kind enough to “sacrifice”. Finally, I seem to find a solution for my huge amount of kitchen items.

Still, I wonder in which box my Kitchen Aid is???

I have started to cook in my new kitchen. Quite comfortably, except I nearly burnt my Vietnamese baguettes the other day (I’ll re-do the recipe and post it some time soon). A new year surely brings a lot of new inspirations and resolutions. I have a new vision for this blog. Hopefully it won’t be too long until I do something.

Back to the title of this post – remembering the time. Yeap, I made these lemon melting moments with my sister last year, in Sydney. Such period seems so far away now. Yet, the memories of the baking session always bring certain joy. This is one of my favorite recipe, a keeper, something I will make over and over again, regardless of where I live.

Lemon Melting Moments

A baking session with my sister, Mai Mu. :) I was the photographer and essentially the Kitchen Nazi here.

Ingredients (for 20 cookies, with filling)

200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
60g icing sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
40g corn flour
210g plain flour
Zest from one lemon (organic preferred)

Filling
150g icing sugar
45g bơ, at room temperature
3 teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat your oven to 150C. Line the baking trays with baking paper.

To make the cookies: beat the butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.

Photobucket

Add in lemon zest

Photobucket

Sift plain flour and corn flour into the butter mixture. Using your hand mixer, mix everything together at low speed.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Divide the dough into 30-40 pieces and place them onto the baking tray.

Photobucket

Using your folk, push down gently to flatten the cookies and leave a lovely imprint.

Photobucket

Bake for 20 mins. Cool thoroughly.

The filling: Beat butter, sugar and lemon juice until creamy.

Photobucket

When the cookies are cool, using your spoon, spreadsome filling onto one, joined by another one.
Photobucket

Photobucket

These delicious cookies can be kept for 2-3 weeks in air-tight container.

28 Responses to Remembering the time – Lemon Melting Moments {Pictorial}

1. Y says:

Chuckling at the fridge that got left behind. There's always one thing that gets completely overlooked when moving. Your new place sounds wonderful! :)

2. Le says:

Me, either. I still can't remember what I left behind that needs to be brought back. I'm sure they're few of them (T_T)
    I'll try again soon. I do love this recipe a lot, too :D

Hi Anh, great to hear about your new life 9walk in pantry?! – lucky you!). Oops, the fridge is a pretty huge thing to overlook :) I love melting moments, will try these when the weather cools down a bit.

4. Ravenous Couple says:

Welcome back Anh!! We've missed your fabulous posts! Congrats on the new home and kitchen..to us, it's the most important part of the home..can't wait for our own one day.. :)

A great flavor for melting moments!

6. Agnes says:

Delish! Good luck finding your KA. Hope you're settling into your new place. :)

7. cookingpractice says:

Lucky you with the kitchen, ours is so small that it always becomes a mess after my cooking! :(

Oh, how cute is your cookies! Love the lemony smell and taste.

9. Belle@Ooh, Look says:

Glad you're well and back to blogging. Melting moments are such a classic, you should whip up a batch to christen your new place (once you unpack the Kitchenaid).

10. Manggy says:

Oh goodness, they are filled with lemon butter sugar?! OMG, that is too good. Yay for handheld mixers ;) And welcome to Melbourne!

Your new place sounds wonderful — especially that walk-in pantry! :) These cookies look really delicious, great tutorial!

12. Sippity Sup says:

I loved this so I stumbled this! I never stumble desserts 'cuz everyone loves desserts! But this one had such great pics. GREG

13. Chef E says:

I agree with SippitySup- Greg…WOW!

It's good to hear from you again! My moving nightmare has not come but soon it will :(

15. Gattina says:

the walk-in pantry sounds wonderful! I remember my old house in the States had one, loved it a ton! Although there's a bit of hic-hup during your relocation, hope everything runs smooth and back on tracks very soon. Enjoy the new life and new place… I've already taken a mental note about this wonderful recipe, when you say good, I know it must be very, very good! *big hug*

16. Betty says:

what perfect little imperfect melting moments! i made some last mth- need to post up my photos and recipe soon :)

17. Susan says:

Beautiful little sweets to celebrate your new home. Good to see you, Ahn!

18. muffinsareuglycupcakes says:

LOVE MELTING MOMENTS.

19. Julia @Mélanger says:

LOL, your fridge left behind? That's something I would do? Probably because you're so used to it sitting in a particular place you don't notice it? Loving these cookies. These were a favourite of mine as a child.

20. Callipygia says:

I think I can taste these melting moments. I like their pudgy stature! Plus the apron is quite cute. Here is to you settling into your new kitchen, have fun!

21. bittersweetblog says:

I have to say, those cookies are pretty darn impressive coming from someone who doesn't have their full arsenal of kitchen tools at their disposal! Happy to see your tasty words and photos again- Hope things continue to get better and more organized!

22. Tangled Noodle says:

[Gasp!] These are amazing in their simplicity, and their name is so perfect. I can almost taste them! Although they may keep for 2-3 weeks, I seriously doubt they would last that long. 8-)

23. Sarah, Maison Cupcake says:

I love melting moments! We used to have them at school but they weren't done sandwich style like this. I really have to make some again. Great pictures.

24. The Little says:

Love the colours in all your photos! Always so vibrant.

25. Jennifer says:

WOW! looks so yummy i will have to try this recipe! great pics too! your blog is great

26. leemz says:

I made these cookies today and they taste and look fantastic. I added a few extra drops of yellow food color in the icing to give it a color kick.

27. cookingpractice says:

Gosh, ch

28. [...] sweet recipes, Vanilla Bean Jasmine Rice Pudding from 17 and Baking, Lemon Melting Moments from A Food Lover’s Journey, Strawberry Lemonade Bars from A Pookie Pantry, Golden Apple [...]