Cookbook deal announcement!

Excited news to share with ya all!

Yessssss! I am publishing a cookbook. For real.

After months of negotiation and lots of headache, I am happy to announce that I will be writing a baking book with my partner in crime, Chi Anh from Door To My Kitchen.

This is a dream collaboration between two girls, living thousand miles apart. We share the same hometown, same first name, similar interests in food and all pretty things. Yet, we have never actually met! And now we are writing a cookbook together. CRAZY? Yes, I guess it’s the essential element that brings us together.

A bit about Chi Anh. She’s an amazing modern Viet girl, who has quit her corporate job to open her dream kitchenware and studio in Hanoi, Vietnam. The store, Kitchen Art, features a lot of restaurant grade kitchenware and a lovely kitchen studio overlooking West Lake. It is all about promoting the art of cooking as a lifestyle choice and loving it.

Our cookbook is all about baking, with a touch of Asian inspirations. We are crazy about Western cakes and pastries, but also love Asian desserts that we grew up with. Combining these two interests have been great fun with amazing results. It involves a lot of research, experiments and failures, but fingers crossed we will get there.

Our book is going to be published by Page One Group, based in Singapore. There will be two versions of the book, English and Vietnamese. It is absolutely amazing that the publisher understands our missions and passion. Our editors, Min Kok and Inez have been greatly supportive!

There are A LOT of things left for us to do, it’s overwhelming. I and Chi Anh will document our journey to write this book on our blogs. Hopefully everything will be ready in no time! Please support us in this new journey in food!

51 Responses to Cookbook deal announcement!

1. How exciting! And what an interesting challenge and collaboration. I will be following your journey for sure!

2. Rosa says:

Congratulations! That is really great.

Cheers,

Rosa

3. Monique says:

Congratulations! You will do a great job:)

4. Wow, that’s fabulous–congrats to both of you, and looking forward to it!

Oh how beyond-words wonderful!! So, so happy for you! And I love that it will be published in both languages – so truly in the spirit of your cookbook’s theme! :)

6. Wow! Congratulations! I look forward to following this journey and seeing the end result. Brilliant news!

congratulations – I am sure it will be a beautiful book and be full of heart just like your blog. I am curious to know what bakes you photographed for this post – especially what is in the muffins at the top of the page.

8. mycookinghut says:

Congrats! What an exciting news!

9. JulieD says:

Huge congratulations!!! So excited for you, so well-deserved!

10. Kankana says:

This is absolutely amazing and Congratulation :)

11. Lisa H. says:

Congratulations… I am so thrilled to read your post.
    Looking forward to read your updates on the book :D

12. Congratulations on your cookbook deal!!! That’s wonderful news. I look forward to reading updates :D

13. Cindy says:

What wonderful news! I’m so excited for you. :-)

14. Congratulations Anh! How fun about your partner too – I wish you the very best as you work through this project together. May success and joy follow you wherever you go!

15. Congratulations! This is such wonderful news Anh! Can’t wait for more updates regarding YOUR book! :D xx

16. That’s awesome! Congratulations!!!

17. Congratulations :) Love the idea of a cookbook full of cakes with Asian inspirations!

18. How exciting! Congrats! Can’t wait to see it unfold!

19. April says:

Congratulations!! What exciting times ahead for you. I look forward to reading about the journey.

20. Wow, exciting news indeed! I shall be the first to queue to get the book hot from the press:-)

21. OohLookBel says:

What wonderful news, Anh! Best of luck and have lots of fun.

22. Anh, Congratulations!I am so exciting for you two gals!

23. Congratulations! What an awesome and exciting time for you both!

24. It’s a big news. Congrats! Go go go, both of you !

25. Mai says:

Congratulations, Anh! If I buy a cookbook, this is the first I would buy :-)

26. LCOM says:

Yahoo! Congrats! :)

27. Congratulations Anh! Hope to see as much of you in the book as possible and that it’ll be a wonderful journey for you. *HUGS*

28. Hung says:

Congrats chi. Do let me know when I can grab this book in Vietnam. It would be a delight to have it at hands.

29. Jess @ Bakericious says:

Congratulations to you and ur partner, a real exciting news and look forward to see your baking book in the bookstores.

30. Congratulations Anh! I am so happy for you and I look forward to seeing this beautiful cookbook in my hands!

31. Shirley says:

How exciting! Congratulations. Are these photos from the cookbook? They definitely give us something to look forward to.

32. Huge congrats… that is very exciting news.

33. Janine says:

congrats Anh (both of you ;p) this is such wonderful news and I’m sure the cookbook, and its images will be absolutely delightful! Can’t wait to hear updates on your progress on the blog!

34. cc11 says:

Congratulations to two lovely ladies!

35. Congrats Anh!! I’m going to check out your partner next. I know you two will create an amazing cookbook and I can’t wait to read it!! Good luck with your work!

36. That is just so exciting! It’s quite amazing that you’re doing a cookbook together even though you’ve never met each other. Never know but this might be the chance to finally meet! :) Looking forward to the book. ;)

37. Truly wonderful news and a great story! Looking forward to the journey.

38. Oh my god, Anh! I’m so happy for you!! What beautiful news. I must admit I was waiting for this post to pop up – you are so inventive in the kitchen, and take such inspiring photos, I knew it was only a matter of time. Congratulations, I cannot wait to buy a copy :)

39. joey says:

Congratulations!!! Bravo!! So excited for you and I cannot wait to see the finished product! I know it will be fabulous! :)

I wish I could be nearby and give you a BIG HAPPY hug :) love to you and congrats.

41. CONGRATULATIONS Anh! This will be an amazing new journey for you and your partner. I certainly can’t wait for your cookbook to be published and get my hands on them. It’s truly inspiring, and that helps to motivate me to do better as I grow along with my blog.. Cheers, Jo

42. lady rice says:

Congratulations and well done, I look forward to reading a bilingual bookbook.

43. lady rice says:

oops I meant cookbook :)

44. Simone says:

Wow that is awesome news! Congratulations and can’t wait to see what the final book is gonna look like!

45. Eva says:

I just found your website and am bowled over!! And a book deal on top of it. Heartfelt congratulations to both of you. It’s an inspiration to see you doing what you both love … and doing it collaboratively with someone of the same mindset. It doesn’t get much better than this. :)

Warmest wishes for many future successes.

46. Congrats – what fabulous news! Can’t wait to see it!

47. [...] have been testing and baking a lot of cakes lately for the book. My family rave at cheesecake and the more elaborated stuff. But I myself take pleasure in the [...]

48. Just stumbled on your blog. Congratulations on your book deal! I’d be the first in line. Let us know when it’s available for sale!!! :) Can’t wait! I’m aspiring to get a deal myself too! All the best!

49. Anh Nguyen says:

that’s wonderful. love the passion you guys have for food and for life.
    look forward to read the book!

P.s: Comment from a girl who shares the same hometown, same first name, similar interests in food and all pretty things lol